Friday, March 19, 2010

Paneer Jalfrezi


Another fast and delish Indian dish! Paneer Jalfrezi that is. I like homemade paneer as opposed to the store bought. Every now and then the grocery stores have paneer on sale which is really inexpensive compared to the process of making paneer at home but somehow, store bought paneer lacks that zing! I make slabs of paneer, slice or cube them, fry them mostly and freeze them in separate zip lock bags.


Recently, I have started to broil the paneer cubes instead of deep frying them. I guess it does save a lot of calories and time. All I have to do for this dish is to prep my other veggies like peppers, onions, ginger and toss them together for a quick stir-fry.


Here is how I did this.


Sauté onions till translucent. Stir fry julienned peppers, green chilies and ginger, with some tomato paste. Add garlic paste, salt, pepper, turmeric, coriander powders to taste and presto! A delicious and nutritious meal ready to savor. I made square masala parathas to go with this dish. Can't rave enough about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment