Sunday, March 28, 2010

Relishing tuh-mah-toes!



I love tomatoes. I remember when I was a child, mom used to slice the tomatoes, sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper and give to me and my sister for a snack! That was totally lip smacking! In winter months, mom would make us red hot soup from tomatoes with Monaco crackers. That still makes my mouth water! Upon my move to Canada, I was introduced to the Insalata Caprese! Mmmmm! So good and so satisfying! I still remember the look and the taste of the salad I had in Venice. Nice and juicy tomatoes, thick slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella and fresh sweet smelling basil. It was heavenly.

I picked up grape tomatoes from the grocery store last weekend. I plopped some fresh ones in my mouth and boy! they were so sweet. I added a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, a little salt and pepper, tossed the tomatoes and voila! I had delish tomato salad ready to go with my pita chips. Again, pita chips is NOT rocket science! Just slice the pitas, bake them in hot oven till nice and golden brown and there you go! I sometimes sprinkle pitas with olive oil, garlic powder, ground pepper etc. But with these tomatoes, I decided to go plain. I absolutely cherished the walk down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment