Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome Spring!



I know, I know Spring is still 2 weeks away but it certainly feels like Spring time. With lots of sunshine, days getting longer and filled with more energy, time to come out of hibernation!
Just to get the feel of Spring, I wanted to make something green(and quick,of course!) for supper last night. I was rummaging through my fridge and found some chopped green onions(I forgot to use them as garnish on my Fiesta Lasagna!), asparagus and a green pepper. I thought, hmm, let's use up these veggies and make something edible out of them!
So, I chopped asparagus, green pepper and some hot green chillies in bite size pieces, heated up the oil, sauted green onions for a minute or two, added the rest of the veggies, salt, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder and let it cook on medium high heat for like 7 minutes. And a yummy dish is ready! My hubby and baby (a 15-year old son!) liked it so it passed the test! I was thinking about my 3-year old nephew who loves "marcha nu shak" very much! To him, anything green is chillies! So, here is the dish with a picture for you, Dhir!