Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mango Tango

Today, I am posting two recipes with mangoes. 1. mango smoothie and 2. mango kulfi! Aren't you all excited?! I am! I love summer because I love to enjoy mangoes! I love to eat mangoes just they way they are, raw and ripe. I like to make cool treats using mangoes. I freeze mangoes in summertime so that I can enjoy smoothies all year long. Smoothie is my usual breakfast. Mango lassi and mango smoothie are different things. It's confusing for people which is what. Lassi takes lots of yogurt. Smoothie is pure fruit and a bit of juice or water, with a bit of milk for added protein. Whatever they call it, if it is loaded with the mango taste, I am in for it!

Mango Smoothie

Ingredients
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup cold milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup mango pulp
A few ice cubes

How to:

I like to crush the ice first in my blender. Then add the rest of the ingredients and whip everything up till nicely blended. Enjoy.



Mango kulfi
(nothing gets easier and tastier than this cool treat!)


Ingredients
1 tub Cool Whip Lite
1 can mango pulp

How to:
Blend both ingredients on medium high speed till airy. Pour into kulfi molds(I used small paper cups!) and freeze. Within 12 hours, kulfi is ready for you to enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. WOW THATS SO DELIICOUS DRINK N ICECREAM.. MY FAVORITE FRUIT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow both looks awesome ...i love mango n these two r perfect treat in summer

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. both look sooo drool worthy.. gorgeous color n presentation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...what a golden color...loved your marvellous presentation da.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm!!!smoothie and kulfi, i wont say no to have some rite now..

    ReplyDelete