Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cinni Minis

Beware of these little cuties! They are dangerously delicious. Once you pop them in your mouth, you just can't stop! These babies are a cinch to make. 40 minutes from start to finish. This reminds me of donuts, only baked. I really don't remember how many I popped in my mouth before I actually brought the plate over to the dining table!


I want to bake for Christmas dearly but my schedule just doesn't allow it. I only have weekends and we all know how busy December weekends can be. So this time I decided to bake something for Sundays. This is the 1st Sunday of December 2011 baking! I am hoping to bake for 3 Sundays(Christmas Sunday inclusive) and will try to post those recipes during the week.

These were the easiest to make as the law in the muffin world says, you need to have to lumpy batter! So no need to bring out the hand mixers, food processors or anything like that. An age old beater and you are done! Now that's my kind of recipe.

Cinni Minis
ingredients
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/4 cup AP flour

For dipping
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder

How to:
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Butter and flour 2 mini muffin trays(12 muffins each).
In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
In another small bowl, mix and softened margarine.
Add wet mix to dry mix.
Mix loosely till the batter is lumpy.
Pour into prepared mini muffin trays.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
Once baked, cool for 5 minutes on a rack.
Melt the margarine in microwave.
Dip the minis in margarine and place in the bowl contains sugar-cinnamon mix , roll completely to cover with cinnamon sugar.
Proceed till all the minis are sugar coated.
Serve.

4 comments:

  1. Omg, am just drooling over that cinni minis,looks damn pretty and irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicious n tempting dear..wish to grab it from the screen!!
    You can send this to my event too..


    Erivum Puliyum

    Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is going to be my this weekend breakfast. thanks for another innovative and unique recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made it today and it taste awsome. thanks.

    ReplyDelete