Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pizza Dip


You know me friends that I love making pizzas at home and my family love eating those pizzas. This time around, in order to eat a bit healthier, I decided to skip the dough base and make something that would resemble a pizza minus the base. And it just turned out to be a dip..a delish, lip smacking hot dip. I made a mistake having this dip with the thin bread sticks as those sticks were too thin to scoop the dip with. So we ended up munching on these sticks and having this dip with bread chips. It has all the goodness of tomato sauce, cheese and veggies. This is a perfect hot dip for cold wintry Friday nights when we cuddle up in our comfy blankets, in front of the fire place to watch the movie.



Pizza Dip

Ingredients
1 cup cream cheese
½ cup pizza sauce or Marinara sauce
1 cup diced bell peppers
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Red pepper flakes(optional)

How to:


Heat oven to 400° F.
Whip the cream cheese until smooth.
Spread in a oven proof glass dish.
Layer pizza sauce on top of the cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until heated though.
Now sprinkle with diced peppers, red pepper flakes and cheese and bake for further 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted.

Enjoy with your favorite chips or crackers.

5 comments:

  1. I am here sitting with my crackers packet :-) now plz pass me the dip

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a true disguising pizza with only a dip..Lovely idea for those nights!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont mind having this dip anytime,seriously looks super cheesy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. my mouth is watering now. yummy

    ReplyDelete