Friday, November 9, 2012

Chili Paneer



Now this is not the traditionally made Hakka style chili paneer. It's made Pakistani style. This one Pakistani restaurant near my home, we go there often. I mean every other week! My son loves their food. They have really good butter chicken, chicken karahi, tikka masala etc dishes that are truly lip smacking. We tried their chili chicken once, and absolutely loved it. At first we thought that it might be Chinese style chili chicken. But to our surprise, it wasn't. It was red dry curry and OMG, it tasted simply delish! It was kind of spicy with lots of green chilies and right away I knew I've got to make this dish at home! Mark loves chicken but not paneer. I've got the chance when he went for a sleep over at a friend's. For the two of us, I made this chili paneer for supper and it warmed up the soul! Everything came together so quickly, I couldn't even believe my eyes when I checked the time! I was done under 30 minutes with parathas to go with my chili paneer.


Chili Paneer

Ingredients
1 lb. paneer, cut into cubes
1 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp for coating
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
3-4 green hot chillies(adjust per your taste)
1 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tbsp each coriander and cumin powder
2 tbsp freshly grated garlic
1/2 tomato, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Chat masala to taste
A few slivers of ginger for garnish

How to:



Coat the paneer pieces with oil, chat masala and bake at 400° F oven for about 10 minutes or till golden brown.
You need to flip them once the bottom is golden.
In a sauce pot, heat up the oil. Add onion and cook till translucent.
Now add the spices, hot green chili, tomato and green pepper cubes and saute on medium high heat till the pepper is tender.
Now add paneer pieces, salt and adjust the seasoning.
Toss everything and cover and cook for 5 more minutes till the spices get incorporated with paneer.
Serve hot.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely and delicious dish. good thing it's fast and still yummy.
    http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can finish that whole bowl rite now without any hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is one of our favourites! So flavourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paneer looks so tempting and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete