Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bite-size Apple Pie & Pops

Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom, sister and all my friends who are mothers and aunts out there! Found a great prayer for all the mothers that I would like to share:

A blessing and prayer tribute to all mothers

Blessed be all mothers
Who have come into our lives
Whose kindness, care and loving
Remain with us to guide.

Your inspiration in us
Made us strive in every way
Especially to remember
Helping others makes our day.

Mom, this little tribute
Flows directly from my heart
You are so loved and cherished
Invaluable, one and all, you are.





I actually made these over last Christmas. Was going through my pictures and found these two pictures. Thought well, let’s post it! So here it is.

This was one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made. To make my life convenient, I used store-bought pastry sheets. You can by all means make your own and use it! I seriously have no time or intention to do so. I can use the premade sheets but when it comes to make one on my own, it scares me to death, the use of loads of butter! Pre made sheets, you don’t see it, you don’t think about it!

So back to my Apple Pie which were perfectly bite sized for the 3 of us,and then I just inserted the lolly pop sticks just for the fun. It was more fun to eat on the stick than to eat them with the fork for sure. And we didn’t even care about Apple Pie à la Mode, that is with Vanilla ice cream.

Here is how I did it.

Bite Sized Apple Pie & Pops
Ingredients
1 pastry sheet, thawed
2-3 medium apples, cored, cubed
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup regular sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder
¼ cup butter, room temperature
¼ cup milk

How to:
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Melt butter on medium heat in a skillet.
Add all the ingredients except milk, and cook till apple cubes are softened.
Roll the pie sheet on a parchment paper to about 13x9 inch wide rectangle.
Cut with cookie cutters or any shape you desire into 24 pieces.
Fill 12 pieces with about 1 tbsp each of the apple filling.
Brush the edges of all 24 pieces with milk.
Cover the filled pieces with remaining 12 pieces.
Arrange them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Brush the tops with milk again.
Bake in the hot oven till the tops are nice golden brown.
Serve warm Pie bites or insert the lolly sticks and present to your loved ones.
 

3 comments:

  1. nice pops. Happy Mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmmmmm............awesome :-) Wanna grab one candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, the recipe as well as serving as the lolly. Thumbs up for your creativity.

    ReplyDelete