Friday, May 24, 2013

Nutella Filled Ebelskiver



Ebelskiver is a Danish pancake(North American pancake mixed with pop over). It literally means apple slices. It is pancake ball stuffed with apples. I kind of am over for now with apples and cinnamon! Serious but true.  I brought this appam pan from India and was dying to use it. My sister is using it like crazy and my mom had made kandawada(onion fritters) in the pan. I took a different route and made Ebelskiver. They turned out just great. The tiny babies were cooking so quickly even on the medium low heat, it was surprising how fast I was done and just from 1 cup, I got 33 of these cuties! My pan has a bit smaller indentations and only 2 tbsps of batter was required to fill up each cup. And boy, I rushed to fill them up with Nutella as they were just ready to be flipped even before I would finish filling up the 6th cup!

Here how I made them.

Nutella Filled Ebelskiver
Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 egg
¾ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp melted butter + 1 tbsp melted butter to brush the indents
2-4 tbsp Nutella or as much as you would like
 


How to:
Heat the pan on medium low heat.
When the water droplets dance in the pan, your pan is ready to cook the ebelskivers!
In the meantime, mix everything but Nutella in a bowl.
Brush the indentations of the pan with melted butter.
Pour 1 tbsp batter into each indentation.
Quickly add about a tsp of Nutella in each cup.
Cover it with some more batter.
It is ready to flip when you see bubbles form on the top, just like regular pancake.
Flip it and cook the other side until it is nice and brown for about 90 seconds.
Serve warm with the dusting of icing sugar.
Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Love to have a huge plate of this nutella filled dumplings,very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy, one more dish to do it in this pan. its looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete