Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stuffed Portobellini Salad


Those who know me well know how much I am in love with Portobello mushrooms! I just love this fungi! It is so meaty and filling and versatile and forgiving, one can never go wrong working with it. These days I have realized that these mushrooms can be served as a base instead of pizza and tortillas or pretty much anything that needs breads, aka carbs! So this is the best way to eat good and healthy if you are eating gluten free or low carb foods. Stuffing and topping of these mushrooms just drives me crazy because the possibilities are endless. My brain overflows with ideas once I start thinking about stuffing these babies. I’ve got a few other recipes in mind as I am writing this so stay tuned!

Goat Cheese Stuffed Portbellini Mushrooms with Spring Greens
Ingredients
6 Portobellini(baby Portobello) mushrooms
1 cup goat cheese
Salt and pepper
¼ cup EVOO
6 cups loosley packed greens of your choice
Dressing of your choice

How to:
Easy. Pre heat the oven to 400° F.
Oil the mushrooms and place them on a baking sheet.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until tender.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper once you pull them out of the oven.
Top with goat cheese, stick them back in the oven until the cheese is nice and melty, for about another 5 minutes.
Serve with your choice of greens, dressing and bread sticks.
Enjoy!

2 comments: