Saturday, October 12, 2013

No Carb Spaghetti




Surprised?! Don’t be. This is just a vegetable that miraculously transforms into these beautiful threads that resembles to angel hair pasta and thus, is called Spaghetti Squash.  I wanted to try it myself as I have heard others raving about this absolutely gorgeous, no fuss, no starch pasta dish that comes from a squash. Now I am a believer. It does resemble spaghetti(or angel hair) and is so delicious and nutritious at the same time. Too bad, can’t say the same about pasta!  I only added salt, pepper and lots of extra virgin olive oil with Parmesan shavings in my pasta. You can whatever vegetable that suits you and even soak it in your best marinara sauce. Top if off with meatballs. Your squash, your dish, your whim!


Truly, no recipe requires. For those who know me, this is one of my kind dishes. So, cut the spaghetti squash in half, oil inside and outside well, sprinkle with salt and pepper and throw in 450° F hot oven for about an hour or until the vegetable is soft.

Let it cool down a bit so that you can handle it and grab a fork, start shredding it! That’s it. There’s your spaghetti. Toss it in salt, freshly cracked pepper, shavings or grated Parmesan cheese and extra virgin Olive oil and serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments: