Sunday, January 19, 2014

Good-for-you Oatmeal Muffins






These are serious muffins! If you want to eat healthy first thing in the morning and at the same time need something as a grab and go breakfast, you are at the right place. For so long, this dreaded natural flavor oatmeal bag was staring at me. I tried once to eat with some cinnamon sugar and dried cranberries and fresh apples, it was ok. It didn’t wow me nor did I want to go back to it. It seriously lacked something. And then one fine morning, it hit me! I thought let’s make muffins. Let me just use more oatmeal as possible and see how it turns out.  Turned out, they were plain delish!  Give it a try. You will feel good and your body will thank you for taking good care of it!

Here’s how I made it.
 

Good-For-You Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients
1 cup quick, uncooked oats
½ cup AP flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cardamom
¼ cup milk
½ cup sugar
3 tsp vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten

How to:
Pre heat oven to 400°F.
Line the 6-cup muffin tray with paper liners or lightly spray with oil.
Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
Pour wet ingredients in dry ingedients bowl and gently stir until the dry mixture is moistened.
Fill the cups almost full, and bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops are nicely brown.
Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
Serve warm with pat of butter.
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Healthy and tasty looking oatmeal muffins. Could have them for days together.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete