Saturday, March 22, 2014

Coconut Balls



 
This mithai is very nostalgic to me as it most likely was the very first mithai I made on my own when I was a teenager! Amul had just introduced the milkmaid condensed milk I believe in the 1980s and it was on the lable , the picture of the mithai and back of the lable had the recipe. I picked up one tin and peeled the label off just to see the recipe and realized we had everything available in the fridge and pantry. So I checked with mom and went ahead to make this delicious mithai. Coconut desserts are my weakness. I love coconuts, be it dry or fresh. So I knew I had to make it anyways. After that first attempt, I had made it a numerous times but then I kind of forgot about it until this past month. It was a day when I wanted to do something and not sure what to do. I had time on my hand and I didn’t want to bake. I know I had condensed milk in the pantry. All of sudden a light bulb went on in my head! I thought, let’s make coconut balls. And I am so glad I did. I actually had so many of the balls as soon as they were made, I had to ask myself to stop!
 
Here’s how I made it.
 
Coconut Balls
Ingredients
1 tin condensed milk(300 ML)
1.5 cups + ¼ cup finely shredded coconut, dry
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
 
How to:
In a sauce pot, mix condensed milk, coconut and cardamom powder and cook on medium low heat until mixture leaves the sides of the pot.
Let it cool down for a couple of minutes, grease your palms with ghee and make balls.
Roll them into ¼ cup coconut flakes
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I can gobble few of these balls rite now..irresistible!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello! :)

    I have read your blog and I think that you are very talented and have many high quality recipes. I would be very happy if you would join us at http://www.mytaste.com/ so that we could link to your recipes.

    myTaste.com is a search engine that collects the best cooking blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here. If you joind us you could take benefit from the traffic we are sendeing to your blog.

    To join mytaste, just go to http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!
    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@mytaste.com

    Best regards,
    Joanna
    mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete