Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quick N Easy Spinach Pesto




I love spinach. I like it cooked as a curry with potatoes, peas, chicken etc. I like it sauteed with onions and pepper in pasta. I like to chew on raw spinach when I feel that hunger pang. It was on my mind to make spinach pesto and use it for something. Finally, I got to make it. Got a boxful of baby spinach and then realized that we wouldn’t be home for about two weeks. I thought uh oh, this beautiful spinach would go bad in two weeks. Then I thought about making pesto and store it in the back of the fridge so that it stays fresher without freezing it. I’ve got to use it in recipes though. And the beauty of this recipe is that it doesn’t require that much of oil unlike it’s counterpart Basil Pesto. So for now, 

Here’s how I made it.


Quick N Easy Spinach Pesto
Ingredients

4 cups baby spinach, washed
1 cup walnut pieces
4-5 cloves of garlic or to taste
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
About ½ cup EVOO
How to:
place first 4 ingredients in a food processor.
Run the food processer on medium speed, drizzle the EVOO from the spout.
It might take about ¼ cup of EVOO.
Place the pesto in the wide mouth glass bottle and pour about a tbsp. of EVOO. This helps keep the pesto to the freshest green.
Enjoy!

1 comment: