Saturday, September 20, 2014

Taco Bake!

 
This is money! I am telling you the truth. As soon as I pulled the baked tacos from the oven, I heard the complements like this looks so good and smells so good. And boy, once they had these tacos, more oohs and aahs! Like so simple and yet so filling and satisfying. We should make this once a week dinner and all.  For me, it was the best dish to make as my family don’t make tacos themselves. I have to fix their tacos and thus, I end up eating last!  With this taco bake, that wait has eliminated. I can have my tacos with them and I can still put the fixings on their tacos but I don’t have to wait to make each taco separately.

Give it a try. I am sure your family would love it as well. I used ground chicken. You can use refried beans only with other toppings.

Here's how I made it.

Baked Tacos

Ingredients

10 hard shell tacos
1 lb. ground chicken
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Mexican oregano
2 tsbp chilli powder
1 tbsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
¼ cup water
Shredded cheese about 1 cup or more
Lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa etc toppings as required

How to:


Preheat oven to 375° F.
Heat the skillet and add chicken, all the spices and water and cook till chicken is cooked through and water has evaporated.
Place tacos in 13x9 tray side by side.
Fill up with chicken mixture, top with shredded cheese.
Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese melts.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment