Saturday, December 6, 2014

Quick Apple Turn Overs


 
I am getting in the mood for Christmas. Apples and December, Christmas and Apple Pie! Who doesn’t like apple pies and apple turn overs? Especially when it gets cooler outside, the leaves start changing colors and finally fall, leaving the tree all bare- these are the times when apple orchards are blossoming with wide array of apples. I love to cook with apples. And I am always looking for easy peasy recipes that can be made in a cinch and are satisfying to any sweet tooth as well. This is one of those recipes. I always have wanton wrappers on hand. Again, let me tell you that they are very very  very versatile. And I was given about 5 lbs. of different apples by our Church friend! Now, you can only eat 2 apples a day! So, I made apple jam and the leftover apples, I made these cute babies.
 
Here how’s I made it.
 
Quick Apple Turn Overs
Ingredients
6 wonton wrappers
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cubed
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
 
How to:
Heat a skillet on medium high.
Add butter, apple cubes, sugar and cinnamon.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until apple is a bit tender.
Let it cool down.
In the meantime, pre heat oven to 400° F.
Brush the wonton edges with water.
Place about a tbsp of apple mixture on one side of wonton.
Fold over, place gently, make sure to remove any air bubble. Repeat.
Brush with milk, or egg wash and place them in hot oven for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Enjoy with whipped cream, or à la mode or as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment