Saturday, May 16, 2015

Baked Feta



I again happened to have blocks of feta cheese. I wanted to do something different with it this time. and I came up with this. I wasn’t sure if Feta will stand the heat of the oven but it nicely did. I guess a few more minutes in the hot oven and I would have had feta sauce! Thankfully, it didn’t happen. The cheese was just a tad soft, perfect to spread on crackers or use as a dip on a crudite platter.
 
Here’s how I made it.
 
Baked Feta
Ingredients
8 oz. feta cheese block
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup chopped garlic
Salt and pepper as required
1 small roma tomato, diced
 
How To:
Heat oven to 425° F.
Heat oil in a sauce pan, saute garlic.
Place feta cube on aluminum foil.
Cover with garlic, tomato, salt and pepper
Wrap the foil around the cheese block.
Bake for about 5 minutes or until the package feels soft to touch.
Take it out of the oven, garnish with parsley if you wish.
Serve with crackers, or sliced French or Italian bread.
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment